Homeownership is directly linked to unleashing upward social mobility, the American promise. That is why we do what we do, passionately.
Keys4Life is an initiative that provides grants to first-time buyers to help them realize their dreams of owning a home. This support is through dual paths: financial education on the intricacies of homeownership and the steps to get there; paired with real financial support provided by 8z and its partners.
We have created a $250,000 fund to help with closing costs and prepaid expenses to bridge the often-small gap that may hinder first-time buyers.
Qualifications to apply
- Must be a first-time homebuyer who is ready to purchase a home!
- Must be a client of an 8z Realtor and an Collective Mortgage loan officer.
- Client’s income and asset limits must follow CHFA. Your Collective Mortgage lender will determine if a client fits these parameters.
- Clients must be willing and able to attend Financial Education classes and complete the required coursework.
How Keys4Life Works
- Once an application is received, 8z will reach out to the client’s Realtor to receive their written recommendation.
- The client needs to be working with both an 8z Realtor and, ultimately, a Collective Mortgage lender.
- Upon completion of the Financial Education classes, the client will begin looking for properties with their Realtor and working with their lender to get ready to write a contract.
- Once under contract, both the Realtor and lender will review the settlement sheet for closing costs required as well as review the need per each client.
- Clients will fall into grant three tiers depending on the need and purchase price of home:
- $1000 towards closing costs
- $2500 towards closing costs
- $5000 towards closing costs
Keys4Life Program Details
- Approved Keys4Life clients must complete the Financial Education program, which is broken down into two, two-hour sessions, each one is a week apart.
- Clients are required to attend both sessions, which will be held in person.
- The program runs quarterly. If a session is full, clients will be added to the next quarter’s classes.
Ready to Apply?
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Program Season||Application Opens||Application Deadlines||Class Dates and Time|
|Winter (Quarter 1)||February 7th||When the round is full (15 applicants) or the Friday before class.||February 25th at 11 am - 1 pm at 8z Denver Central|
|Spring (Quarter 2)||May 2nd||When the round is full (15 applicants) or the Friday before class.||May 20th at 11 am - 1 pm at 8z Denver Central|
|Summer (Quarter 3)||August 8th||When the round is full (15 applicants) or the Friday before class.||August 26th at 11 am - 1 pm at 8z Denver Central|
|Fall (Quarter 4)||October 31st||When the round is full (15 applicants) or the Friday before class.||November 11th at 11 am - 1 pm at 8z Denver Central|